Saturday, January 31, 2004

Do you like this weblog.. what i think....and hope from this.

This weblog has been great to do, and has helped to share things
that i feel and think about.

Things that are worth sharing, and at times its good to get
something off your chest.
To clear any negativity by turning into a positive outcome.

To be honest life has not been as great as i would like it, but
hey thats up to me to change it.
In fact its started.

I would like to share an honest thought and request with you
all who read this.

I am in a awkward situation.
I will put forward the goal and aim of this weblog,
and then my current situation.

Something bothers me, what?
I recently found out that alot of deaf kids in the usa do not get
the equipment they need, ie hearing aids etc.. due to parents having to pay for these from their own pockets.

Disturbing indeed, as some of this equipment is not cheap,
digital hearing aids, i think there are a few types.

Now when i was young, im in the uk.. i had hearing aids from
the nhs.
I had the most powerful behind ear type that they could give
me, how old was i when i got that?

Two.. oh and yes i remember it.. wouldn't u?
It is great that i got that at two years old.
The young start meant i didnt have too much to catch up on.
I did actually start mainstream school, with the kids of my age
and i never fell behind.
We learn from those around us.
So my speach and communication is good.. as "normal"
whatever that is?

Would i be the same had i not got the hearing aid so young,
and not been able to attend school with the right age group?
Or even in mainstream school at all?

Makes me wonder.

And how sad that these kids dont always get that opportunity.
Dam shame.

And if i be honest from my point of veiw, deafness is the
forgotten disability.
I dont mean that in any bad way, or that everyone ignores it.

But that it has a lower profile and lower level of importance with regards to other sense losses.
In my opinion.

Sad that any loss is happening. Full stop.

So what to do about it.
Well i know what i would like to do about it.
I know that a charity foundation will be starting for these kids
and their familes.

So i would like to utilise this weblog to help them.
I will get a link for the account for this charity and have it on
this weblog..(if i am allowed).

Their aim is to raise $500,000 by 2005.
This money will go to these kids in the usa.

I would like to suggest that it would be blooody great if this
weblog could raise say £50,000 for them by 2005, and to carry on raising for them.
Could it be done?

Who knows.
Id like to try.

But first, a slight problem.
This computer is not mine.
I borrowed it.

So i am in procees of trying to get a new tower sorted out.
I may only have few days on here.
But i hope to stay online and continue this and more.

I have to raise the money quickly.
If anyone wants to donate any money to keep me online and
this weblog going continuously, then i would be very grateful.

If i dont get the tower as quickly as i need it, there may be a
few days break in this weblog.

If theres a break, i will put up a link for donations for these kids
as soon as i am back.

For now if anyone would like to donate towards the tower.. : )

ffunkmunk@aol.com Thank you so much.

I hope to not have a break, and to get raising for these kids
they are our future.

With the help of your donations and offers these kids can have the hearing world at their feets.

Take care.